Wednesday 18 September 2013

She's not divorced! Movie star Bukky Wright finally talks husband and kids in new interview


Bukki15All the while, I thought she was divorced - well, she is happily married!
Bukky Wright is one movie star that has waded through testing scandals and controversies that could last her a lifetime, but she is unruffled.
In a recent interview with Tribune, she opened up on her pains and gains of being a celebrity, among other issues, oh by the way she mentioned her husband!
 
 
 

 See excerpts below:
Sometime ago you were rated as one of the most controversial actresses in Nollywood; does controversy suit you and does it really get to you at all?
It does not get to me. It takes the grace of God and determination to stay in this kind of profession without going through controversies here and there, but I have never allowed controversies to get to me. I understand the fact that I have a price to pay for being a celebrity. But that does not mean I should start jumping over the place because I am a celebrity or because I want people to know I am still relevant. Those who say I am controversial don’t know me. I am different things to different people. I am sure you would have your own idea of who Bukky Wright is by the time this interactive session is over.
So, who is the real Bukky Wright? The real Bukky Wright is God-fearing, down to earth, but very blunt to a large extent. The funny thing about this job is that people won’t complain if you act in a movie where you are asked to cry from the beginning to the end. It will surprise you to hear that some of my fans do tell me that when I am crying in movies, they also cry. What that tells you is that I am doing what I have to do rightly, interpreting my roles passionately.
How does your husband react to some of these things?
Most of the time, he does not like seeing or hearing anything about that and he would want me to take an action that would serve as a deterrent to others, but I will say no.
Tell us more about him?
My husband is a perfect gentleman and I thank God for his life. In fact, some people will even use him to blackmail me when I am not taking their scripts. I have been able to carve that little bit of privacy for myself, husband and children. That is how far I can tell you about him.
Why do celebrities like to live fake lives?
I think it is crazy for any celebrity to paint the picture of what he or she cannot achieve five years from now. They call it showbiz and you have to show, but sometimes, you have to put that aside and be yourself. I am not the kind of woman that likes to do what others do. I love to be myself and those who know me would tell you that is Bukky for you.
Read more HERE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...